PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ENG STALL on Airbus
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 09:05
JABBARA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi pilot 737,

I asked the same question to my self about one year before when I started to fly with Airbus. I also replied myself. Here is the below how I set my mind:

-Not enough technology yet to tell apart an "engine stall" with either normally running engine or fully failed engine. That`s why no ECAM action designed.

- I will not be surprized or shocked with engine noise, bang, vibration or other extreemly distracting factors of which never can be imitated in any simulator. In another word, these distracting factors will be much worse than what we felt or heard in the simulator. But I will be sure the airplane is still flyable.

-In my 25 years flying carrier, all engine stall procedures are same: "retard the engine till it recover." Does not matter which engine you are flying, thermodynamic laws work same.

- Once I retarded the TLA below 5 degrees, THRUST MCT will flash on FMA

-After these initial action as time permits I will refer to QRH.

We all know in some cases, like immmediately after takeoff, it is impossible or not practical or takes too long time to refer the paper procedures. I am the one who will save my soul. It does not matter whether I tried to apply QRH procedure correctly after crashing the plane.

Last edited by JABBARA; 5th Nov 2008 at 15:28. Reason: Editorial