PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA man gets 16 years in Kabul
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 05:27
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put it to you that addiction to heroin is no worse than addiction to other substances,
Maybe but no prize on that. There is one sidebar to the difference. Alcohol addictions runs at the most $25/day Heroin, maybe $300-400/day. NOW how do you think a heroin user is going to support that habit.

The point I get from Yoke bearer is that everything is OK, but someone else must pay for it. In this case if he supports it, let him pay, I certainly dont want too. Be it taxes or loss of property to support their habits.

Its nice to sit on that lofty spot and determine whats good for other people. Seems to be a lot of that and probably even more now that America has capitulated. I love it when all of a sudden its in their backyard and then listen to the noise.

As to the guy in Kabul, it will be interesting to see if he makes 16 years or bribes his way out. Im sure those who were in his chain of distribution could care less and certainly wont be sending him Red Cross packages anytime soon. His position has been replaced.

One other thing since we are beating this to death is about the "War on Drugs" which is a total failure by any standards. The U.S. crying the loudest of course. They are in Afghanistan and have plenty of power there, yet the Heroin exports have increased since their arrival. Go figure on that one. Its all about the money.....