PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you want to work in China..!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 04:35
International Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Final.

With all respect,sounds to me like you JUST STARTED working in China.
June to October is not a long time at all and it appears that you have just gotten "on the line".
You should wait a while before you sing the praises of an employer that you just really don't know. Having signed with an agent your risks just multiplied.

I truely hope that you have found "Nirvana" and that you get your upgrade but, years of experience in the East ( which hasn't given me much insight)and the mountains of claims sighting bad treatment ,broken promises and contracts would suggest otherwise.
For the moment you are doing what they require and they are paying you.All are happy.
What if they keep putting off your upgrade for 3 or 4 years and they decide that you should work a tighter schedule, reduce your time off (make it harder to get home maybe) ,pay less because of the way they interpret your salary structure? Would you still feel like a " Rock Star"?
They would be happy providing that you keep doing what you are told to do!Doesn't matter that the contract says something completely different or what your agent says that they will do!
You see them through a "rose coloured glass view" of an A 330.
They see you as something to be exploited to the limit if not beyond for the simple reason that they are paying you,even if they are underpaying you! This is their culture, they don't make friends.
Many foreigners get into these companies, see that there are difficulties getting and keeping expatriate pilots and decide to become some sort of an "employment ambassador" for them. Maybe it is to genuinely help people or maybe it is for personal gain but ,in all the instances that I have encountered, the company eventually turns on the individual and the story then is completely different.

The spider wraps its prey in a warm cocoon of silk ,to keep it safe until it is ready to use it for the intended purpose.
Good luck