PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN Blue pilot tests positive for traces of explosives
Old 5th Nov 2008, 00:50
evyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get fed up of the stupidity of the system we Pilots have to go through. I never talk back to these guys, and always do as I'm told, as that's the easiest way for everyone. But what needs to change is the system from the top, so we don't go through these checks for "nailclippers, penknives" etc

If they can't trust the Pilots, then why do they trust every Federal Police guard to wander the airport with guns? These guys could easily have extra weapons to pass on to their mates. They wander past the detectors all the time (obviously).

SOCKET:

Do you realise how stupid it is to make a comment that we should not be trusted, and have to be checked due to "safety". Does it really make you feel safer?? If a pilot wants to kill you, he doesn't need to blow you up, he'll just crush you and everyone else at 800kmh +. Remember 911 didn't use explosives, just guys with very wrong and evil intentions at the control column. We have gone through the system and background checks when we fly for airlines. No, it's not a foolproof system, but security at the airport doesn't solve that problem!

If they insist on Pilots being checked "thoroughly", then they need to employ a security officer to fly on the jump seat to make sure we don't do anything dangerous whilst flying the aircraft (even then it would be useless if we used full control deflection after Vr).

....and then who checks the integrity of the security officer on board?? another security guy??

Come on!! There has to be a certain amount of common sense and trust, otherwise Aircraft wouldn't be allowed in the air. Lets make the system more efficient by utilising the time and equipment on the passengers.