PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 00:46
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was busy flying my aft end off...or waiting for a flt burning my aft end off at omni field (which actually happens more often! Our "Visiting Friendly Forces" over the past 2 weeks ensured that i got shooed off more often than not by the controllers either over the CIA station or over the CAB VOR) Well have another flt in the afternoon so i have to go off soon now!

HAd a nice experience the other day when the Clark controller cleared us to hold over CAB VOR at 4000 and when we were 10 DME from the station Fort MAg politely shooed us off saying that a C130 was paradroping in the vicinity. Then we were asked to monitor Approach freq as well as there was heavy traffic there and we were asked to keep a look out for a few F18s...and right then whoosh we saw a couple of them cut right in front of us from the starboard side to the port maybe abt 500 ft below! And we thought OK time to bug out!

Ok updates as far as i know...course A will graduate soon. Batch D has started MCC yesterday. OK me back to flying now...
Cheers....

Last edited by fernandeztv; 5th Nov 2008 at 09:39.