PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Training
Thread: Irish Training
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2008, 19:53
flybearann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**EDIT** Might aswell leave it up for ****s and giggles. All the best PTC!

Its about time someone spoke up about PTC.

Once you pass the "one-day assessment course" you are just a number on an accounts spread sheet. PTC don't care about you or your career prospects, once Mike Edgeworth is laughing all the way to the bank, everyone in PTC is a winner, bar the student!

The lies start from the very beginning. Take a look at their website:

"PTC graduates work for some of the most successful airlines worldwide - 98% of our graduates get hired within two months of graduating"

This is a complete and utter lie!! Out of more than twenty students who have finished the airline programme, three have jobs. A few have passed Ryanair interviews and are waiting to start the TR course, I would nt count that as being hired within two months or graduating.

"Suitably qualified students of PTC are guaranteed an interview with an airline following graduation." Another lie. Once you finish your training, managment will be all smiles as they take photos and walk you out the door. You will not hear from them again until they are sending incorrect bills to your house by registered post. All students past and present have been bombarded with incorrect bills! PTC WILL DO NOTHING TO GET YOU A JOB

"Adherence to a computerised scheduling system together with continuous availability of our aircraft (supported by our own on-field maintenance facility), ensures a timely progression through the training programme." This is incorrect. There scheduling system is a disaster. Expect to be flying 4.00-6.00 hours per week, no more and no less. This is due to lack of aircraft, instructors and a que of people waiting to start on the FNPT II.

"The Pilot Training College of Ireland (PTC) fleet consists of Piper Arrows, Warriors and Seminoles. PTC also has Cessna 172 and Robin aircraft for PPL and CPL training. All aircraft are clean, modern well-equipped aircraft which are meticulously maintained at our fully certified on-field maintenance facility." I would use the term "fleet" very loosly. Does 3 Seminoles and one out of action indefinatly count as a fleet? Aircraft are always going tech.

There are instructors working there with good intentions and I hate to drag them down, but managment go out of there way everyday to think of new ways to piss students off, tell them lies and get extra cash.

Please, don t be taken in by the marketing ploy, the lies and the promises. Something needs to be done about flight schools like PTC ripping people off, its not fair.

So you ask the question, knowing what I know now would I of went to PTC?

NO!!!