PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2008, 16:19
Beaver_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is my point. Since we are a single carrier is it still filed against PAC? Also, and unfortunately, the resolutions crafted by Robin and Bobb (and one assumes the attorney) would, if implemented by the arbitrator, harm the Atlas pilots greatly. So we have to ask, now that there are no Atlas or Polar pilots; now that we are a single carrier with a merged, but not yet implemented list; would the furloughs that result from an arbitrators award be borne just by the Atlas pilots or the whole list? Alternatively, if we are one combined single carrier status then why are any of the grievances even germane. Seems to me to be a waste of scarce resources.

And if you want to continue to delve into the past to make the Atlas management pay for their deeds then you need to go all the way back to the purchase of Polar. Using the Atlas pilots profit sharing to upstream the money to AAWWH to buy Polar. Furloughing at Atlas while transferring assets to Polar and hiring at Polar - which is why you even had the number of aircraft and Pilots that you did. This has all been hashed out here ad naseum, and I know everyone who might still read this thread is aware of the total history. Just know that no Atlas pilot will ever forget the history and the injustice done to us - not by management but by another MEC and supported by ALPA. We will of course forgive, and I think we are all willing to move forward.

Perhaps you all should do the same.