PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rockfist Rogan RAF and Biscuit Tin agent.
Old 4th Nov 2008, 11:10
Tee Emm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockfist Rogan RAF and Biscuit Tin agent.

S'funny I could have sworn I wrote this request a couple of days back but seems it never appeared. Trying again now:

I was an avid reader of wartime comics in UK "Champion" and "Hotspur." One hero in Champion comic circa 1940 was Flight Lieutenant Rockfist Rogan RAF. He flew Spits and boxed for the RAF. In one of these series of comics was another hero character who was a British spy behind the lines in Occupied Europe. I forget his name but he was in disguise as a deaf and dumb villager who always carried a biscuit box under his arm. He wandered around Nazi troops in his village who ignored him because they thought he was just a harmless nutter. BUT - what the Huns didn't know was he had a radio transceiver hidden in a compartment of his biscuit box!

Methinks he was a British agent parachuted into enemy territory or he may have been a shot down RAF pilot who was brave enough to hang around to see what gen he could pick up and transmit home. He had a couple of close shaves but the Huns never suspected his biscuit box radio.

Anyone remember the character in one of those comics? -and his name and history? I didn't imagine it - he was definately in either Champion or Hotspur.

I will now press submit new thread and see if it works this time.