PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who was the best display pilot you ever saw?
Old 15th Feb 2002, 17:07
Rallye Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I agree that Xavier de Lapparent flies a phenomenal display in the Sukhoi. I've seen him a couple of times at the North Weald Aerofair - definitely a showstopper.

Also Brian Lecomber's Extra pair at Biggin Hill last year. Flying as close as they did you have to have absolute trust in your partner.

Gennady Elfimov gets every last ounce out of his Yak 52. Landing off the top of a loop - amazing.

Paul Bonhomme - his solo display in the Mk XIV Spitfire at Duxford a couple of years ago - brilliant!

Long may they continue.

My understanding of a Canadian Break is a three quarter roll in the opposite direction to the way you want to turn.

You often see it as part of a run and break. The aircraft comes in fast and low, climbs away, does a three quarter roll to the right so that it ends up in a left turn to join the circuit crosswind for a left hand circuit (or vice versa). The roll brings the aircraft's nose down so that you are nicely level without pulling any negative G. It looks good and is more comfortable to fly than cramming the nose down when you reach circuit height.

RD