PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Info
Thread: C310 Info
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2008, 08:12
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good links there guys. Love this site, ask in here about anything & bingo someone will come up with the goods
Although very well explained on those links I'll keep it simple to some degree:-).

Hint: I used to fly a C310Q serial No 0001 many moons ago (this one had no omni vision window actually) but if I recall correctly the C310 has continious duty pumps in the wing tip tanks (mains) & they shared the same CB with the retractable ldg lights. I found this out 'cause after some shoddy maint a wire to the ldg light shorted out & the duty pump failed.

As most will know the aux tanks (which are in the wings & locker where fitted) ought not to be used 'till approx an hrs worth of fuel has been used from the mains (Tips) This is due to the fuel pumps supplying a higher than required fuel flow to the engines & thus the excess not required by the engines is returned to the Tips (Mains). I could be wrong there but am sure I'll be told as much by a more current Cessna driver:-)

Another hint & probably really not a hint but hey ya never know:-)
The pilots side window is an emerg exit, I once had this 'pop' open slightly whilst in flight, scared the crap out of me at the time, & it was also just out of maint after having a new one fitted.

Great plane, bit of a mongrel for pax to get in & out of.
Short nose ones I found pitch sensitive if loaded aft heavy (within limits though)

CW