PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2008, 03:36
Psnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@doraemoney

well I understand that you were only trying A380 to not to attack that particular sector.. but i think maybe you phrased it in a bit offending words.... never mind its all fine if your intentions were right..

cheers

@sq111

If Captain's job is not to point out mistake? Get real! If u do not expect to be scolded by Capt, then good luck to you is all I can say.
well .. what I was trying to say is that captains job is not ONLY to point out mistakes but also to teach his FO the right things as well. Pointing out mistakes is not difficult.. even if you go jump seat some FO after just doing a type rating course you may be able to point out one or two mistakes.. but its the solution which is important.. and the way you encourage your FO to learn more.. if your idea of teaching is kick the **** out of your student.. good luck to you and your FO.!!

If an FO makes a mistake with respect to safety, u expect the Captain to do nothing and pretend nothing happened?
thats what you interpret of my statement.. !!

I beleive it does. Just ask any singaporean wannabe out there and they will tell you its unfair, atleast i know a couple who would.
if that is the case it is infact very sad.. from the inception of the aviation boom in India we have seen so many expats flying for us even FO's not just captiains.. although people who protest are always there.. but what I believe why we hired them was because of our own need.. and believe me even SIA is not out for social work and welfare for india.. they might be having some requirement for indian citizens.. who knw's they want to expand their operations in India.. and who do you think will be the best person to fly and be based in India.. a singaporean or an Indian.. would you be happy to stay away from home.. its all about personal choice.. what i am trying to say is there is no question of being against it.. but if you are its your choice.. no offence to anyone..

cheers