PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 22:50
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pond mishap

Don't the papers print some c**p.

I couldn't believe that the article posted above referred to the incident at Thames, unless there was another one that ended up in the poo as well.

However, a suspected engine problem near Thames meant the pilot was caught short - and had to make an immediate landing.
"It wasn't weather or wind. We think there was a cough in the engine, but we're not sure yet."
Not sure about having to make an immediate landing. He went round twice before the touchdown that resulted in the over run.

It wasn't weather or wind, Really? Part of the reason for the go rounds and the over run I suspect were due to landing downwind.

A cough in the engine? If he had time for three approaches it would seem that the engine was running just fine.

Mr Jones said he was impressed with the way the pilot handled himself and the incident. "I think he did quite well to be honest
From what I heard probably not that well handled at all.

The plane had since been pulled out of the pond and was grounded until it had been inspected.
It will be grounded a bit longer than for just the time needed to inspect it. Quite a bit of work needed to fix it, the pond water is not all that kind to electrical equipment, plus there is at least a wing that needs repairing.