PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 19:49
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how (on this thread) denunciation turns so quickly to denigration - almost as if it was an orchestrated response. Are those that instigate this so unsure of their case that this has become an automatic practice?

Much has been made of the lack of paperwork associated with the introduction of the Mk 2 into Service - something that I have experienced on more than one occasion. I remember DG and I delivering 2 Mk3 Jet Provosts to Aldergrove for upgrade and collecting the first 2 Jet Provost 3A's to take back to Leeming. We sat in those cockpits for 10-15 minutes and then we both unstrapped, got out and said to the groundcrew "How the **** do you turn these radios on?" It took 30 mins before they found someone who knew!!

There was NO paperwork (including Pilots notes and FRC's) for those aircraft -nor was there paperwork 10 years later for a different type of aircraft;one was that totally new to RAF service.

At the end of the day the Aircraft Captain is the guy who gets to wear the badge that says "The Buck Stops Here". He is the one who can say "NO" if he believes it is unsafe - and "YES" I have said "NO" (even to Mrs T/CDS/CAS etc).

PS My opening remarks DO NOT apply to Brian!!

Last edited by cazatou; 4th Nov 2008 at 12:27.