PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7 Hrs into my PPL.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 19:21
BladeM3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 Hrs into my PPL.

Hi Guys

Well Im just over 7 hrs into my PPL[usually 1 lesson a week weather permitting] now and Im not sure how well Im getting on or how well im progressing, I come away from some flights thinking yeh that went well im happy with that happy with how i done etc, but on the most part I come away slightly disapointed in how I done and end up thinking im never going to get all this , there just seems far to much to remember.. heres where im at, please tell me what you think and does anyone else think like this or thought like this whilst training?

1-I can fly around ok,staight and level,different nose attitudes with flaps etc, turns, climbs,descents etc [all tho i have to think about what im doing all the time, and sometimes make mistakes loose height , forget about the rudder. lookouts, carb heat etc], also get confused sometimes and the occasinal mind sap, all tho never dangerously, I very rarely feel comfortable in what im doing.

2-done my 1st take off at the weekend went ok [ish] all tho my 2nd one on sunday was rubbish and ended Up getting airborne slightly towards the left, which involved my instructor taking over to recover it, this was quite a blow to my confidence to be honest.

3-done my 1st landing on sunday too, didnt realise i was going to do it untill the last minute, i do final approaches then my instructor takes over fo the final bit, but this time he didnt, it went ok, but im by no means confident i could do another 1

4-also done stalls which went ok i managed to recover everytime but again i kept forgetting to correct the tail from power on to off and vice versa, or would forget certain points of the HASELL checks.

5-im starting to do the radio calls but get quite confused and totaly forget what im spose to be saying.

Like I say im 7 hrs into at the moment with no previous flying experience my instructor says im doing well, but im just lacking confidence is this normal? am i being to hard on myself, does anyone else think theres an overwhelming amount to learn to start with and that you will never get it