PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DII(F) IT System
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 17:26
Data-Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost & Benefits?

cornish-stormrider had a point about cost. In the Crown copyright MoD Annual Report and Accounts Volume I 2007-08 (For the year ended 31 March 2008), try page 102, para 169 (if you are very brave and do not have to do this for a living) for some spinning at an RPM that could launch a old Wasp/Scout.

DII is furthermore a critical enabler of wider benefits, and cost reductions, in the delivery of many Defence Change Programmes and a key enabler of Network Enabled Capability. By the end of financial year 2007-08, just over 26,000 User Access Devices (UADs) and over 76,000 user accounts had been delivered at approximately 420 sites. Significant milestones during the year included:
● DII Future rollout to Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) Headquarters at Abbey Wood, began in July 2007. This was the biggest and most complex single implementation within the programme to date, covering more than 8,000 terminals in 19 buildings across two sites;
● The DII(F) Deployed Increment 2b contract was signed in September 2007 for the development and deployment of UADs supporting Deployed (and Fixed) MoD operations and commitments. Increment 2b will provide 3,300 UADs to support the Front Line. The approved programme cost of Increment 2b is £384M benefits (instead of DII(FDR)); and
● At 31 March 2008, the overall programme had achieved or enabled benefits of £920M; this includes financial year 2007-08 efficiencies of £125.8M.
It is assumed that 76K accounts includes the entire TA and that 'most complex' means v difficult at ABW. I think I preferred the picture alongside of the Typhoon dropping a bomb which appears to be aimed at DII.

The following heath warning about 'misleading context' has to be added: The text in this document (excluding the Royal Arms and other departmental or agency logos) may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium providing it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The material must be acknowledged as Crown copyright and the title of the document specified.