PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 13:17
.Aero

JAA

Let's consider the generousity of BDB to finance the students..but again sticking us to jordan only
Incorrect. Bahrain Development Bank, is simply that. A bank. They do not have an internal policy where you will only qualify for financial assistance providing you choose to conduct flight training in Jordan. I sat down with them and asked them about the posibilities of me training in Europe and they said they had no objections. The financial loan is risk free to them. They couldn't care less if you make it as a pilot or end up sleeping rough on the streets.

Part of the application process is that you appoint a guarantor with a sizable income (to be supplemented with financial income statements) plus they require your guarantor to issue BDB with a ridiculous amount of signed post-datedcheques (four years worth if I'm not mistaken) which they start cashing in before you even finish your flight training! Their repayment grace period was 12 months at the time. The point I'm making here is, you don't need to make a business case to them that YOU will be in a position to pay back your debt even if you dont make it as a pilot.

if you choose to go to Europe to get the JAR Ops license, then Gulf Air won't sponsor u
Gulf Air do not sponsor cadets, so I don't know what gave you that impression! If they do sponsor cadets, then ask to see it in writing! Are you willing to gamble on word-by-mouth nonsense that's probably incorrect? Get in touch with GF's VP of training and ask him about sponsorship & guaranteed employment. You'll find neither exist.

what about UK CAA schools issueing fATPL+MCC+JOC in as short as 14 months average?? why the heck they are not approved by BDB and Gulf Air as certified training schools?!!
Gulf Air and BDB are both BUSINESSES! They are not authorities nor are they independent bodies so nobody expects them to "approve" anything! Any form of approval that is conducted by Gulf Air would simply be for internal purposes. At the semi-recent MPL forum in Jordan, GF's VP of training said himself that they have sent cadets worldwide, everywhere from California to Australia! Let me make this clear. Gulf Air's interest in Ayla was simply that of a potential partner for GF's future MPL endeavours. Whether or not that interest still exists is another question.

I think you should set your standard higher than what GF 'thinks' makes a good FTO. There is no question that a JAA licence earnt in Europe will give you allot of credability as a pilot in the Middle East and elsewhere. I've got 3 Bahraini mates, all of whom have self-sponsored their training in Europe and managed to gain employment in Bahrain & the UAE. One flies for GF, another Bahrain Air, and the third - Air Arabia in the UAE.

You can probably tell I'm not a fan of Ayla. I used to be interested in them, and was potentially going to consider giving them my business, but their representative who I had arranged to meet up with me in a hotel lobby stood me up. I never did get an appology either. Perhaps that how they do business in Jordan! On the whole, I found them unprofessional and a company I'd not want to be affiliated with as an employee or as a paying customer.