PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 12:51
8-15fromOdium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it Valkyriejmp that you were/are an engineer on Chinooks. If you were/are you will realise there are many imponderables that may have caused the Mull crash, one of which may have been aircrew error. However, in the absence of conclusive evidence to exactly what caused the accident the crew must be cleared of any blame.

I to speak as an engineer (an ex one) who spent over a decade working on Chinooks, including being on 7 at the time of the accident. I have flown with the deceased pilots on a number of occasions including at low level and (as with all Chinook crews) I never observed any behaviours that could be deemed dangerous, you may deem it 'great fun', as many are doing it now in theatre(s) others may call it 'operationally essential'.

Valkyriejmp please review this thread I think after doing so you will come to the same conclusion as the majority of posters here that Rick & Jon should be cleared.
“ONLY IN CASES IN WHICH THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER SHOULD DECEASED AIRCREW BE FOUND NEGLIGENT”

AP3207 – RAF Manual of Flight Safety, Chapter 8, Appendix G, page 9.

Have a look here for further info:The Campaign for Justice for the Pilots of ZD576 (Brian hasn't plugged his own website so I will.)