PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 11:52
granth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rex Cadetship - Employment

Hey Guys - just curious or absolutely mad not sure quiet which one, however, I wrote to REX about the cadetship (which yeah is a bit of a raw deal) in saying this I have a CPL, NVFR, ME CIR blah, blah, blah and am about 150hours shy of applying as a first officer they want minimum 800 hours 200 or 250 IF.

What I don't understand is they are prepared to loan money to an unknown quantity who more than likely has no idea how to operate an aircraft or what it takes to fly one in the crap - yes, with a pay back, but there is no real guarentee that would happen in reality if you quit, there could be an at large wait for the cash if you physically don't have it or can not get it - so here is where I become dumb founded - someone in my situation they will not touch nor make any concession for - seems dumb, doesn't it.?

A trained, Australian guy - knows the drill, been there done it, spent the bucks, already been involved with operations, knows the country - I can speak English, can someone tell me why or explain to me why they would not cultivate not just little old me, but there are others in my position looking for a start, surely they could place people like me in Pelair or something for a few months, or is it easier to import pilots than to make a small investment in training.

Maybe we will see REX home loans soon..?? I am confused, I just don't get it..! Maybe I should go back out bush - seem easier out there..!!

FIK