PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 11:35
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the thread, Valkyriejmp. Especially as you chose this one to make your first post. Let's have a look at what you have written shall we?

I'm an engineer
On Chinooks?
During the introduction into service of the HC2?

I have flown a lot in Chinooks and "suffered" the terrain matching flying that is great fun until a solid object appears on the nose.
Sat in the back, with little input or knowledge of what was going on at the front end? Did you report this 'maverick behaviour' upon landing? If not, why not?

I can not comment on the specific facts
Then go away and read what facts are available. Look specifically at the rules in place at the time of the accident, the introduction into service of the Chinook HC2 and the history of the documented problems that were rife in the fleet at that time.

For the board to so clearly state the cause as pilot error
The Board didn't. The Reviewing Officers did (after reading the same evidence as the Board).

Sorry, but using emotion to follow a political path is not on
I totally agree. That is why the Campaign is based upon dealing in factual evidence and rules in place at the time - rules that were in place to protect deceased aircrew. It is an apolitical campaign - our current Chair is a Labour Peer, who took over from a Conservative MP. There is no hidden aganda.

I would urge you to read all the available evidence (if you have the time), and must point out that I have no objection to your opposing viewpoint to mine. However, please don't base your opinion on defending engineers, we have no issue with engineers. The issue is that the rules in place at the time were clearly broken by those who should have known better.

This whole Campaign is about justice. Justice for those who have been wronged and are not in a position to defend themselves. Nothing more, nothing less.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook