PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready for a new Campaign in the Congo?
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 02:02
Trojan1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StopStart,

You obviously have a lot of time on your hands at the moment!
Good posts though

Words fail me when I try and describe my distaste for the vacuous, spineless Western officials and governments that prevaricated and vacilated whilst up to ten thousand people a day were ruthlessly and efficiently slaughtered.
The leaders of western nations will only intervene in a conflict if it suits their economic interests. Most ordinary people are horrifed when told about the horrible retribution meated out to the people of East Timor after the '99 independence vote. They find it hard to belive, however, that the TNI were supported by the government, military and arms manufacturers of The UK/USA/Australia from before the '75 invasion. Then the Oz govt had the gall to take the moral high ground in '99.

Suck eggs, I know;
There is a disconnect between the sentiment of the general populace and the prerogative of government. Government will rarely, if ever act simply in the interests of humanity. This is a big part of why I left the military and discourage others from joining.