PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caravan pilot job up for grabs - but read the qualifications required.
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 23:22
neville_nobody

Received 161 Likes on 70 Posts
I think the issue is that the term 'GA Pilot' is spread to broadly. In reality what you guys who want to be 'GA Pilots' are saying is that you want to be Survey Pilots/Corporate Pilots/AeroMed Pilots. I don't see any of you queuing up to spend the rest of your careers doing what I would call GA. (ie old aircraft, lots of hassles, ridiculously low money, zero resources, always on call etc etc etc).
Flying a flash biz jet isn't exactly equivalent to spending a career flying piston twins.

Funnily enough of all the people who I knew who said they want to have GA careers have either quit flying or are in an airline! Noone spends their careers in GA unless they own the aircraft then its a business for them.

And Centuras I agree with your statement about people who say they want a GA career. The other one I saw was older guys peddling that line 'oh I'm to old for airlines I want a GA career' get quick promotion thinking they would be hanging around only to be leaving faster than the young guys.