PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vickers VC numbers
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 10:27
Pom Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

We have been down this track before, I quote Spiney Norman's explaination on the Periscope thread in full. R for Roberts list is of the manufacture's production codes.. . . .. . </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Hi all.. .The codes that RSD is quoteing are ICAO aircraft type codes which are used for flight plan and ATC info. They don't neccessarily have any relevence to the actual type codes used by the aircraft manufacturer. They also change every few years which we ATC guys really love! As for the Valiant,I'm afraid I can't remember that one but the Vulcan was definately VULC at one time or other. By the way, I'm not shouting, even though they were lovely and loud! The codes are always in capitals. There is an ICAO annex which gives them all, it's pages thick and covers even very esoteric home built aircraft. Insomnia? Get hold of a copy.. .Spiney . .. . </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">. . . . <small>[ 28 March 2002, 06:28: Message edited by: Pom Pax ]</small>