PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready for a new Campaign in the Congo?
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 22:48
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TG - the reference to the Daily Mail was merely driven by your rather Little Britain-esque comments about "all that lot comin' over ere, stealing our jobs and sponging off our benefits!" I personally hold rather firm beliefs on unbridled immigration and the ease with which the unscrupulous can take advantage of our lily-livered welfare state but I don't believe that's an excuse for a trip off the moral high ground to stick our heads in the sand at the beach.

What I don't like in your original post, and I'm 99.99% certain you didn't mean it, is the inference that by us saving some poor sod and his family from being butchered with machetes we run the risk of said fella then rocking up at Dover a week later to blag a house and benefits. Slightly dodgy ground morally? To save a possible few quid on the welfare state we'd rather look the other way whilst the machetes are unsheathed? Apologies to Mr Eddie Izzard but "Cake or death?" "Er, death please. No wait! Cake!" No brainer, surely?

If Afrika be so important how come we haven't sorted out the small problem of Zimbabwewe yet?
I'm not suggesting we sort out all the ills of the world. The systematic destruction of an economy by a fruitcake despot, whilst generating much human tragedy, is a world away from state radio telling everyone to pop next door and kill their neighbours kids oh and while they're at it who's up for massacaring the local girl's school? Refreshments and transport provided.

Sometimes you guys in the military are your own worst enemies!!
Yeah, that conscience will be the death of me....