PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do people give up?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 19:30
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Pronane, I am glad that someone has noticed my post.

Posts along those lines from others rarely get mention. The usual thing is for PPL's look down their noses at microlights and the homebuilt sector of flying. That is, until they find out that there is good flying beyond the spam can/GA school environment. At the moment there is a trickle of PPL holders seeing the light and taking up microlight flying. Ironically, many microlight aircraft can be built as group A machines and this clouds the line between them so that you don't realise what you are looking at. Much microlight activity takes place away from licenced airfields, even training, and most are happy to use mogas and so don't need to call in to the GA fields for fuel. You don't know they are out there.

I have a theory that everyone thinks that they need a much more capable aircraft than they really do. One only needs an aircraft as quick as the slowest aircraft in the group that one flies with. Microlights are so cheap to run that everyone takes their own on outings, most passenger seats are given to non pilots.

If you want to send me a private message, Pronane, I'll can send you my email or phone number.

Andrew.