PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 12:44
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Air getting tired

I work at the petrol factory and it's the same mess here as it is at GF: Too many Bahrainis rubbing their hands with glee at the opportunity to be a "manager" without actually doing any managing.

It's obvious from all of the flights I've done this year that morale at Gulf Air is at an all time low, and it isn't all about remuneration.

Any London or Bangkok economy you do, especially night flights, involves spending a couple or more hours with a tray stuck in your stomach because the seats are too close together; the number of people tapping the guy in front to ask them to put their seat forward just so they can eat is embarrassing.

Having half of the number of cabin crew they needs means that unless you're in the right spot the food and drink takes half the flight to get to you and subsequently get cleared, so passengers end up piling all the debris in the galleys in disgust.

I fly in Business a lot of the time and for the last four flights someone has been complaining about the entertainment system not working - people are paying good money and receiving crap service, and it seems the powers that be have forgotten that SLF do actually have a choice.

They should make every manager in Gulf air do at least one London or Bangkok night flight in a middle economy seat - without telling the cabin crew they are on board - and then maybe the lazy arsed toerags will realise that they need to be a bit more proactive and show some concern for their passengers to justify the salaries they receive.

It's even worse at my place because getting senior people to make decisions is now a joke, and we've increased the number of chiefs by a monstrous amount leaving a reduced number of indians (and that's no pun) to shoulder the workload.

I hate to say it but the work ethic is simply not there and when the leaders can't be arsed the rest will follow.

It's a bit like the fat arsed bigheads in SUVs that insist on driving in the emergency lane to avoid traffic jams. It only takes one to do it and every tom, dick and ravi will follow.

What it needs is senior management with a bit of steel to draw the line and start demanding results; can you see that happening when they have their own nests to line?