PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking man with dogs at Manchester!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 10:04
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changing?

The well-modulated officerly tones of Barrington changing types? Shurely shome mishtake.

I did not fly the 76 for long and the 75 never but the "six" I thought was a good hayburner with only a few disappointing quirks and annoyances.

Perhaps rose tinted spectacles but she went where you pointed her and had power to spare under the bonnet so to speak. I was young then and had found an employer who did not immediately go bust on me, and an aircraft that answered the purpose very well. Changing types.

I have the most tremendous respect for the 747, regard the 767 with much affection and think back on the 737 classics as one does about one's youth and the joy of getting that special girl to the altar.

I'm beginning to sound like 411A but it always was a a funny kind of day when you flew a particular type that had become your office for the last time.

Best Wishes to you David and I hope you never forget your days on the "six" at least. She may be the Dowager Duchess but she sure can waltz better than all of these young minxes!

The "E".... Just Passing