PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How has the life of an airline pilot really changed??
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 09:02
Paolo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hunterboy:

I have been flying for 10 years now....I understand what you're are saying it is just that I did not become an airline pilot because of a pension scheme!

RAFAT:

OK, I did not know that Rail companies still had FSS. For how much longer though?

HmmmgoodOJ:

Well said...It is what I think most of the time when people moan!!! Do people not do things for the love of it sometimes? I am still in love with flying (operating aircraft as I put it!) even more since I started in 1999! If I dreamt of being a dustbinman then that is what I would have set out to do. I set out to do this and achieving my ambition. I am sure I am not alone.

TAP:

'Nuff said!!!!!! Could not agree with you more!

If MEGA money etc is what people want, then work in the city! I would love to earn what a college chum of mine took home...83k basic is comparable to my salary but bonus of 33k!! Blinking hell, he is an accountant with a big company in the city but does he work for it...in for 8am does not leave until 645pm eats sandwiches at his desk...But does he get job satisfaction...NO!

He said if he won a billion quid, he would quit work!

I said I won a billion quid, I would carry on part time because I enjoy it!

There is the difference