PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest Australia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 04:49
Breeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHOA...

Seems I've been busy busy and missed a bit. Looks like some posts have been removed but I guess I get the gist of what's been happening.

So... Just to add my 2 cents worth...

I'm VERY excited to be starting GS with Skywest tomorrow. I have been offered positions with other airlines back home in Melbourne. However, moving to Perth was something I wanted to do anyways. Skywest fits in perfectly for me as a newbie, the opportunity to live in WA, to get one step closer to my goals, and to work with an amazing group of people is awesome.

I spent some time in the Skywest office the last time I was in Perth. EVERYONE I met there was lovely. Not one person passed me by without a smile and to ask if I needed a hand. I was also pleased to see the way the staff all interacted with each other and that made me feel like I'm becoming a part of a bigger family.

Everyone makes career choices for various reasons and often a collaboration of many different factors. Being happy and loving your job, to me, is far more important than earning the big bucks. I've left higher paying jobs because the cost to my health and happiness, and that of my friends and loved ones, certainly outweighed the extra $$ I earned each month.

I wish everyone every happiness and encourage you all to do what you must for yourself and what makes you happy. Because at the end of the day if it works for you it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Breeza xxx