PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DII(F) IT System
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2008, 21:25
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bill for a 12mm hole in an internal wall 150mm thick - £120. Two men, two days, £960. Both plus VAT.

An account at £35 per account plus VAT per month. To get a user an account requires an entry in a spreadsheet. One line per user. There is no way to copy data down from one box to a whole column - only one box at a time. No surprise that the optional entries are omitted. If you make a mistake the entry is rejected and you have to start again.

There are plenty of instuction docs and even a mandatory course before you can have an account. The mandatory course was identical to the mandatory course before Dii/c and bore no relation to what was actually needed.

Same of the instruction docs. What you want to do is frequently not there and you have to ring the help desk.

Incident logs numbers are running at about 4000 per day. When you ring the help desk they meander through a call centre checklist asking the answers to totally irrelevant questions - what is your BU number when the question has nthing to do with your computer. What is you PUID? ditto. Is your address xxx at yyy, zzz? When are you available?

If you say I am available 9-5 are they expecting seriously that you will be sitting by the phone for the next 8 hours?

It eats time.