PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sun Article - US Pilot Arrested for being over alcohol limit
Old 1st Nov 2008, 14:26
max_cont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That’s the point John R, it doesn’t. If one of my pax is a bit tipsy and well behaved I don’t have them carted off by the boys in blue. If they are causing a ruckus and upsetting the other pax and crew, I will have them removed if the CC or I believe it is prudent. But they are being removed because they are nuisance not because they are tipsy.

For a pilot to be suspected by me of being over the limit, they would have to be significantly over for me to even notice. The limit is so low that in fact they are not drunk, but over the set arbitrary limit. If he/she has not reported for duty, IE we were at the hotac, I would ask them to consider another course of action. If they had reported and were in the crew room, a manager would deal with it. IF they got to the aircraft and I became aware, then a manager would still deal with it.

I will therefore have discharged my duties to the state, the company and the passengers. If the company choose to involve the police, that is their call not mine.