PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest Australia
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2008, 13:30
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong, wrong wrong...

Integrity before desperation? Yes- the reason I quit working for an airline (not Skywest) which wasn't up to CASA standard. Filed many a safety report so don't start on that aspect.

20 something? If by that you mean betweenthe ages of 20 and 29, then yes, that is correct. Not saying I'm special, just saying with an attitude as you seem to have I'd be surprised if you ever had, or would get, very far in any senior role requiring a bit of maturity.

As for what I'd do for my first cabin crew job?? Had it already, have had four actually, so don't even bother with that line of thinking. I didn't take the first thing offered, I considered all aspects equally. Moved on to Skywest because they offered a better home lifestyle for someone with a family.You seem to think I'm some wannabe about to join XR, far from it, been there, done that. Just setting a few things straight as you are posting quite a few ill-informed 'facts' on a public forum.

From the tone of your posts I seem to have hit a nerve, whether you admit to having worked for them or not, you either have or you wanted to, and weren't accepted, that's the strong impression you give out... ever heard the old saying if you don't have anything nice to say...

I never claimed Skywest were perfect.... but for those who would like an opportunity to fly.. what do you suggest they do? Wait until Emirates or Gulf come handing a job on a silver platter? Move o/s to work for BA or Virgin? Yet you say you wouldn't relocate for Skywest. Who would you relocate for then? Everyone has a different definition of a good job and while you're entitled to your opinion, so are those who have chosen to work for them. Leave them be to concentrate on ground school.

As for the training, if you think it's so bad, why don't you apply to conduct the ground schools? Oh yeah that's right.... you're too good for a regional airline.