PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you want to work in China..!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2008, 06:57
On Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to fly in China..!

Hello Arks,

How long ago did you apply with Air China? What equipment? Let me know what stage you are in and I will try to let you know what to expect next.....

I made a good post here on The Chinese Written test which will give you some highlights about the CAAC exam. I also have around 8000 sample questions on the CAAC written test and other pointers which may be helpful.

It takes time to get a flying job in China, just plan on it. What I mean by time is 2 to 6 months depending on your license and if you have a circle to land restriction which you will need to remove. The CAAC will not verify a Temp. US certificate, only the plastic hard copy. One major hurdle is you go to China and interview, take the written test, pass the medical and you have 2 weeks in this process by now. If you have a "Circle to Land Restriction" common in the USA, you will have to go have it removed from your license. You will have to go to the sim and take a checkride on the circle, costs about $1,000.00 usd. It takes 90 to 150 days to get you hard copy back from the FAA and then the CAAC will have to verify your license before you go to CHINA. This may take another 30 days. You are now 4 to 5 months in this process. This is for US certificates only.

If you know you are going to work in China and have a US certificate with a Circle to land restriction you should GET YOUR CIRCLE RESTRICTION REMOVED First..!!!!! Saves you a month or 2 waiting.

You can PM me too if you like...OK.

Good Luck..!