PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Facebook - Virgin Crew
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2008, 00:59
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good

[Assuming that this is being reported correctly and the Facebook page did indeed contain the comments attributed to VS staff]

Sorry to be harsh but, speaking as a humble SLF who has flown many, many times with Virgin, and generally enjoyed it hugely people like that have no place in a service industry.

There is only one thing worse than staff publicly dissing their company and that is staff dissing their customers. It's totally out of order and completely unforgivable. To do both is just [career] suicide.

My one and only 'flight from hell' on Virgin was crewed by just these kind of muppets. Who started off by treating all those pax within earshot of the rear galley/crew seats to a long and obscenity-ridden discussion about their Ts&Cs And, if it were possible, (it was !!!) their behaviour ensured that things went downhill from there.

I do not for one second want to see the fear/guilt/grassing-on-colleagues culture that seems to be encouraged / prevalant amongst CC in certain non-European airlines, and certainly not where CC are constantly in fear of their jobs for fear of breathing. That is not the way things should be going.

At the same time though, CC are the very public face of an airline, whether on the aircraft or via the internet. They have a duty and a responsibility to uphold and maintain the public face of their employer so in this instance I think VS are more than justified in their response to what their staff have done.

CS