PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest Australia
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2008, 14:27
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, and that would be why 5 ex Skywest girls in the last year alone have been employed by Emirates. Not to mention others going on to QF and Virgin Blue.

Awesome have you ever actually worked for them, or are you just a pissed off passenger who's annoyed they crew are trained well enough not to serve you a 5th 6th or 7th can of beer on a 2 hour sector!!! (Unlike others in WA!)

Sure the pay isn't the best but it's not the lowest either. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to choose from offers from all the 'big airlines'. Many got their start at XR and many are still happy there after many years. It's what you make of it. If you think you're too good for working for a

****ty little regional airline
then maybe consider that you DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES to work there and put up with the CHALLENGES that the role entails. It takes a certain kind of person to do those flights and believe me, you are not one of them. If you ever did work for them I'm pretty sure you won't ever have appeared on the Senior FA list with an attitude like that.

I'm not saying it's perfect, far from it, yes the planes are older, no they're not as glam... but... as I said before, there are far, FAR worse airlines to work for, and might I add, ones which I would never set foot on as I value my own safety too much.

You make yourself sound like a recruiter going on about what other airlines will or will not do. Wonder if my guess is right- sounds like someone didn't pass their 6 month probation period