PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAMBUSTERS (Film) Remake - 2009
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2008, 11:34
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sidtheesexist suggested the MkV had only 3 exhaust stubs.

Well the Shuttleworth Mk V has six stubs and there are others. The majority seem to have 3 stubs though.

The prop is the Dan Mayer deliberate mistake. 4 blades were on Mk IXs I have been told. Pprune Pop - well spotted.

Roll on Dam Busters - The remake.

Thoughts.
Most action is at night time so the visual gains will be enormous. Accurate tracer paths, multi coloured flares etc., correct lighting as opposed to heavily filtered sunlight as in the original film. The actual terrain tracks could be reproduced [small fields/accurate searchlights - smoke from trains etc] Remember in Battle of Britain how some flying shots had Spanish fields in? Crashing aircraft will be much more realistic and of course as previously mentioned the actual bomb/water effects/dam depictions will be so much more accurate. Peter Jackson is a pilot and I can't imagine him accepting rubbish flying shots with all the talent he has to hand.

That just leaves the PC Film Distributors to decide which country will accept the word Nigger [Historically accurate] and which will not. Simple overdub for the PC countries.
If you watch the Douglas Bader epic "Reach for the Sky" you will see actors mouth
"Geoffrey Stephenson" and hear "Johnny Sanderson" spoken because I believe the Stephenson family objected to the portrayal of GS and so the Producers had to redub the relevant tracks. Bader refused to attend the premiere because he felt his friends were slighted by the Director Lewis Gilbert [who had an impossible task to condense into under 3 hours a life such as D. Bader's!] and when Bader did finally see it years later he liked it!

Last edited by aviate1138; 31st Oct 2008 at 11:47. Reason: Add pic