PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAMBUSTERS (Film) Remake - 2009
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2008, 10:47
sidtheesexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That Dan Mayer lanc is brill - what they can do today with a computer!

The whole issue of a re-make of such a classic raises all sorts of questions and I guess somebody somewhere is not going to be happy about some or other aspect...........The whole dog name thing is just a sign of the pathetic times we live in. The comment about Peter wotshisname being aware of the young age of the crews and wanting to accurately reflect that poses a real problem in terms of getting high profile stars involved. Also, what about the Scampton backdrop? Believe original used RAF Hemswell (almost identical layout apparently) - what they do today or can the computer wizzkids take care of all that too? I'm intrigued to see what the overall result will be. If his LOTRings efforts are anything to go by, should be impressive.

PS Spit V also only had 3 exhaust stubs per side. Spit v airframes you see today with 6 stubs per side have a later series merlin and/or incorrect stubs fitted I believe - check out every ww2 era pickie of a mk v and I don't think you'll find 6 stubs per side. Sure the V111 and 1X onwards had six a side....

Last edited by sidtheesexist; 1st Nov 2008 at 12:32.