PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which aircraft?
Thread: Which aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2008, 09:42
MACH082

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gadude,

If he is an Aussie, its a requirement to fly an aeroplane for your cpl flight test that is retractable, CSU equipped, and has an airspeed greater than 120kts. I know you can get away with a doing a CPL in NZ in a 150, but not here (either a good thing or bad i don't know, but doing it in a 150 would be a lot cheaper!!!)

Secondly i am no saint when it comes to sentence structure, spelling and grammar but DUDE, work on it cause its difficult to disipher the hieroglyphics in your posts!!

Thirdly I went north without ATPL'S or an Instrument rating, got 1000 hours and had to quit my job as i couldn't get the time off for the ME-CIR. 6 weeks later, ME-CIR equipped and flat broke it took another few months to get a multi job, and then even longer to be checked to line and in the pay cycle earning coin. Throw in relocation costs and paying bond on a pad and you are in dire straights indeed. Would be far better to have everything you need and just relax enjoying the flying.

Lastly alot of areas you work in GA have no ASL's so even if you can study in your downtime during a day charter (if you're in a nice sweet airconditioned room) You can't economically travel 1000 kays to the nearest town to get a connecting flight to one of the limited locations to sit an exam. Throw in the chance you can fail it, it suddenly gets thrown on the back burner and you enjoy drinkin' tinnies with the boys. Then you find yourself having to quit this job to go to AFT to sit the 6 week course, and are back to square one trying to get a new job. Now too experienced for piston operators to take you on, cause they know you will bugger off as soon as a RPT job gets thrown your way, and not experienced enough for most turboprop/airline jobs you are stuck in limbo.

TRUST ME get 'em all out the way and go enjoy the best flying of your career, AND drink the booze without feeling guilty!!

Last edited by MACH082; 31st Oct 2008 at 09:58.