PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150 to Piper 28 Transition
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 23:31
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cessna 150 to Piper 28 Transition

Hello,

I will be doing my PPL flight test tomorrow and want to start right away the night rating flying. I have done half my PPL in a Diamond Eclipse DA20-C1, then went on the Cessna 150. I also had 4 flights on the C172. I would like to start flying the Piper PA28 Warrior because it looks like a nice plane. But I have been across this website and I find the transition to be a little bit complicated:

handling notes on the Piper Pa28

The guy says:

In a Piper accident the pilot and his flying will cause about 83% of the accidents. Pipers tend to give pilots more trouble in IFR conditions and at night. Five times as much trouble as in other aircraft. I personally feel that the cockpit lighting of the Piper is much inferior to that of the Cessna. Supplemental lighting is very necessary. A Piper pilot who makes it past the 100-hour mark greatly improves his survivability. Get AOPA "Piper PA-28 Safety Review which includes all PA-28 articles since 1981. 1-800 638-3101.

--Pilot error causes 8`% of Cherokee accident and 71% of Arrow accidents.
--Continued VFR into IFR conditions was most common related cause.
--Arrows have 50% more night accidents as similar aircraft.
--Fixed gear landing accidents were most common due to long landings.
--Arrow landing accidents were related to hard impact--
Could you give me some details about the transition and how is it flying that plane?

Thanks!