PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 17:02
Hoofharted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guava, I direct you to your own comments. They are formed from both parochial ignorance and a desire to try and defend local customs that have absolutely no place in modern aviation. You accuse a person of lieing and when proved that infact it is YOU who is wrong, you trot out an entirely predictable and "face-saving" type of post. Just admit that you are wrong, that the civilised world will and does protect minority groups when required. If you were a citizen of any of the afore-mentioned countries you would be dealt with on merit and merit only. That is the LAW of the land. Do you have that here in Hong Kong?

Second. You have NO aviation industry here in Hong Kong without the expat contingent. Infact Hong Kong itself would not exist without the expat contingent both past and present. If you are concerned about "cheap labour" pricing the local pilot out of existance, it most certainly does not come from any of the countries that I have mentioned in my previous post.

No Guava, "I know you not" neither do I have to nor would I particularly want to, your posts are enough to illustrate that you argue from a position of envy and inferiority, and that my poor fellow is your cross to bear. All I am concerned about is people I know who are of stout heart and mind and of good professional standing, being "done over" by people who are both lacking in skill and professional fortitude, employed only to promote
cheap migrant pilot labour, from all parts of the globe, that is pricing most local pilots out of the market.
. If you could get your head out of your parochial arze-hole and look at the reality of the situation, you might realise that most of us "westerners" are trying to advance this industry here in Hong Kong for all races, colours and creeds.

Unfortunately people like you will always approach any conversation from the "small man" perspective. You don't need to waist your time trying to get even, just (like the rest of us) get ahead.