PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 13:15
winto22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel CAA

Hi

I am a current student attending Algonquin Flight Centre via CAA ,

I have started my training in Jan 08 and am on my way to a commercial licence with a multi and multi IFR rating , then i plan to complete the flight instructor rating ,

For all you folks doing investigation into what flight school you should attend i will honestly tell you from current first hand experience that there is nothing wrong with Algonquin Flight Centre as a training facility as it aims to train at the highest standards,

As for Canadian Aviation Academy who were pilot recruitment ireland , they have now joined with AFC hence the name change aswell ,

there is nothing wrong with a company changing its name , so stop all the BS rumors of why the company is changing its name .

Doing your training via CAA is very beneficial as they have done nothing but take care of :
Food / Spending Money :
Housing:
Transport:
Sporting Activities:
Gym :
Uniforms:
etc etc etc:

When you do your training via CAA believe me they basically make your transition here to canada / north bay very much hassle free .. and i would not regret for one minute coming here to do my training .

This company is holding well on its feet and i would be proud to say that ive trained here via this company as the instructors know what there talking about in relation to any portion of the training , air or ground ...

Of course there may have been some unsatisfied students in the past who are currently on here making up some of the most profound crap ...
No matter where you go you will encounter some forum of small problems very easily resolvable ,

The staff on board here work day in and out to provide the best they can for each attending student and so far with the current students attending the professional pilot programme there seems to be satisfaction all around,

As for the aircraft for that the students train in just to clarify in case of any confusion :

C152 x3
C172 x2
PA30 x1

For living in North Bay if anyone is wondering :
Its a nice town with located on the edge of Lake Nippissing about 4 hours north of Toronto : People are very friendly and the price of living here is very reasonable:

As for the job placement of students , The instructors help you all the way through to complete the course and help you achieve your goal of becoming a pilot , When the time is near for you finishing you will have your options presented to you :

Example :
Ramp Jobs
Instructor Rating :........

For any of you who are thinking of the airline transition they really prefer pilots with experience so by doing the instructor rating : you boost your knowledge and become more efficient in the cockpit / flying the plane , very valuable rating ..
It is possible to make a transition to the airlines here as a low time pilot but its not guaranteed .

Anyway i felt from a 1st hand honest student perspective a few things needed clarifying , if would like to PM me feel free ,

Chris

Last edited by winto22; 4th Feb 2009 at 11:46.