PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Licence Insurance
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 12:07
TLBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello
I know you've probably heard it all before but modular is a pretty good way to go to. I chose to do long distance learning with Bristol groudschool and they were fantastic. At least I was still earning whilst learning. I did my ppl just before sept 11th and the whole thing till finish took 3 years. I worked as cabin crew for the full duration in the charter sector. After I finished the ATPL exams I took upaid leave during the winter and completed my CPL/hour building in the states,worked for the summer build up funds again.then took unpaid leavethe following winter and did the IR at Bristol flying center.
I got a job an airline job flying 4 weeks after I finished my IR and am still working for an airline now 3years later and still struggle to pay of my debts whilst on a very good wage and a pretty humble lifestlye.
I just wanted you to see that things can work out just as well going the modular route, freinds of mine that did the intergrated route did'nt get jobs until about a year after passing the IR.

Hope it helped a little bit? But whatever way you do it its dam expensive but I love my job and its an investment in my future

Last edited by TLBird; 31st Oct 2008 at 10:57.