PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR :days off out base " O "rials
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 09:54
P.Clostermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said before, I have never had a month in this airline without my 7 days off in Doha!

Tha ACN used to be there but is gone, you are right about that. And OM does not mention it anymore. The last contract I signed (Loooong time back) still states this requirement, so I go by that one!

So I guess its down to personalities than, isnt it? Or demanding what is rightfully yours!

I agree with you on the going sick part, everytime you call in sick another colleague will be pulled out!

I used to believe in this in my previous airline. However, facing the fact that I am pulled out on every standby anyway here, it must be that nobody else gives a damn about this, so why should I ?

Unfortunately you are on your own overhere.....

Mike Tuck is right....the only way to change things are by making them feel the pain! ASRs and grounding airplanes by not agreeing to the pleeds of rostering "Iam sorry captain but we really have no one else to operate the flight, PPLLleeaaassee" will help us!

MAybe than the management will finally see that we DO NOT have the crews to fullfill their commercial demands and that they have been lied to by both crewing and their chief pilots!

A320 is -22 captains at the moment! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Shouldnt there be a manager resposible for this? What about the chief pilot? Why for gods sake is he in that office when he can not even manage to handle a simple thing like adjusting crew needs to commercial demand!

A330 captains are flying barely 55hrs/month! So there we have the opposite phenomenon! Under utilisation!

A340 all of a sudden is all hands on deck, after two years of paid holliday! They released too many pilots!

B777 has 40 crews doing nothing! OK, Boeing strike has something to do with this but at the end, the 777 trng dept was lucky the strike was there otherwise they would have been to be blamed as they would never have been able to handle the training demand!

In any normal company, the managers responsible for such a waste of money and bad planning, would be fired on the spot! But not in QR!

In QR they will try to recover the money from us, the crews!

Last edited by P.Clostermann; 30th Oct 2008 at 10:05.