PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVG 8 (Free) issues
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 08:23
Tarq57

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks!

The Russian one is interesting. Looks like AVG should go, and Avast come in instead!
It does look like that. Of course, prevention is better than cure, where possible, so an argument could be made that the software that updates its definitions more quickly and completely might have the edge. Only true if its detection ability is matched by its ability to block/remove, of course, as I know first hand only too well (and the reason I changed to Avast in the first place.) I have read a large number of forum posts saying things like "Help. My AV detected a trojan and says it quarantined it but its still there..." So I think removal is every bit as important as detection.
A quick note to say Avast installed and so far all ok BUT a few issues with Z Alarm on the way, leaving me without ZA for a while (unknowingly). No time to post now as it is grandaughter's birthday trip to see the Lion King today but hopefully more tonight.
And a quick reply. More of a referral. Depends what problems you have and what version of ZA you use, but that should give you a start on it. Most ZA problems with Avast have been to do with the firewall blocking Avast processes. Which pretty much shuts down the connection ability. But this seems a more recent type of problem.