PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Sunwing last?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2008, 17:57
Rubberbiscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ng78

I agree with you on all points, but also want to say there is no comparison between Leblanc and the Hunter family. Leblanc is a shortsighted scoundrel that intentionally stole money from customers and employees alike. He sold thousands of tickets on routes yet to be initiated in the weeks preceeding the bankruptcy knowing full well where the company was headed.

The Hunters founded Sunwing Vacations 25 years ago for what it is worth and seem to be organized with plans and back up plans going forward. I am only speculating of course. That said, the looming or current recession (depending on whom you might ask), is turning the coming charter season into a whole new ballgame. Something has to give, as tens of thousands of potential or confirmed holiday travelers are downgrading or cancelling their winter getaways. Transat posted a loss recently and expressed their concern for the tougher economic times ahead. I have no idea how any of the balance sheets of the other vacation airlines in Canada looks, but the spiraling dollar and the general state of the economy concerns me for sure. I hope we all come out at the other end of the tunnel in one piece, only time will tell. Good luck to all!!