PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2008, 14:04
shazar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Krinkle for your sense of humour.

Certainly you have had no access to Kroll report with what you have said. Corruption was not in terms of people only, it was embedded in business practices introduced by ex-managements . An instance of that is the overtime and how it was abused as reported by a board member. Please try to get an access to Kroll report to judge yourself.

I would like to be objective as always, Dose did a number of good things such as talking directly with local companies to examine how GF can offer good service and help them plus other things. He was also very realistic about situation of the airline. But he nevertheless did many management mistakes and the worst was talking about mass redundancy and losses in public many times. Briefly, washing dirty linens in publics and adding more water to the mud. I watched and read couple of interviews for him stating: ‘we are not punctual, we are not reliable’. These could be addressed internally, not exposed to public! This is true marketing to other competitors and I personally took it as a call to travel with other airlines. Truth may sometimes kill business rather than revive it. If you are managing a company? Do you want to talk about your problems to public to make your situation worst or trying to ameliorate it and then talk about good results? I read on local press and from pilots and cabin crews about improvement in punctuality. That what we call in management as 360 degree service! It was very generous and costly gift from Dose to competitors. I know that Etihad had a temporary office to hire GF employees! I think he even had plan to have flights to Zurich, based on a local press, please correct me if I am wrong. What would affect Dose if he has to accept the existence of audit committee, he is the CEO and reports to the Board. (Do not steal; do not be scared). Previous managements were left to do what they like and this indulged the airline in more losses and some were not happy about it. When the new management started to be a grip and control, people started to complain too. I don’t know what would be the magic prescription ?!

You asked me a personal question about smoking and I do not smoke. Let me give you advise and please do not take it personal or as sarcastic way. It is now Autumn season and you could find blueberry in the market imported from Lebanon. Please try it 3 times a day over 3 days and see how your thinking will change! I think you smoke too and this will help you to give up cigarettes. We need to think hard before we jet down any statement!!!