PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2008, 12:50
tornadoken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whyever do you moan that this is bad? MRO will go where it is best for the operation, under LH Technik, as it did/would have done under Sir MB. That will be EMA, or Jakarta, or Warsaw, iaw price/turntime/quality. The LHR slots misused for decades for low yield/load Teeside will now serve, as MB always intended, a big heavy route, risk of loss, prospect of profit taken by LH. Crew will be EU Nationals, iaw EU law: Brits if they meet LH standards and accept LH Ts&Cs - why would that be a problem?

UK would not have been able to fill, finance, or crew 3 overlapping long haul carriers, BA, VS, so BD had limits to growth. Now UK will have a presence on 4 consortia: BA in OneWorld; ex-Air UK in AF/KL/DL/NW SkyTeam; ex-Euro-BD in LH's Euro-Team - Air One, SK and the bug-smashers; and VS and ex-long haul BD in Star Alliance, led not by frail UA, but by LH. Is this bad? Logical next step is to run all Euro regions too small for a long haul hub, to feed MUC/FRA, thus giving all the "London Airways" protesters alternatives to LHR. BD was built, from the move from Burnaston to EMA, to be sold. Would you have preferred MB to sell to AF/KL? He grew the operation while all around every Dan died. If this had been my achievement I would have cashed in my £Mns. 20 years ago to lead a life of Riley. Instead the BD workforce faces a firmer future than many. Like Air UK in KLM, Dan in BA, you will change your identity.