PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oil Prices
Thread: Oil Prices
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2008, 08:11
777300ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't give a rats a$$ what either candidate did before they got into politics. I care more about how the next president will manage the myriad of issues they are dealt over the next four years. Which candidate will make responsible decisions in a mature and measured manner? Based on McCain's choice of VP, it is a little hard to respect his decision making abilities. The US currently owes over 10 trillion dollars to other countries (increasing by over 3 billion a day) and McCain wants to lower everyones taxes and keep spending billions of dollars on wars which will never be won. I am not a financial expert by any means, but I know that's not the way forward.

As for the questionable company statement, I really hope your joking. Are we talking about reality or dirty politics? Obama was 8 years old when Ayers was involved in an Anarchist group. The guy has since (30 years ago) regretted his actions and reformed himself into a model citizen . Questionable company is teaming up with a stupid neoconservative twit who thinks living in the state closest to Russia makes her an expert on foreign relations. It's obvious why McCain chose Palin but did he forget that he would actually have to work with her for four years if he won the election?

You weren't kidding about thread drift. We could debate this on here for weeks and frankly I'd rather do it in the bar as I hate typing. All I know is I can't imagine another 4 years of the same backwards policy from the US. Over the last 8 years I have watched the US go from being a respected, enviable nation, to being more unpopular than China. It's DEFINITELY time for change.