PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 23:16
Hot 'n' High

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi K76,

"The RAF to my knowledge is shortly to have a new CAS, well top of his `things to do list`, surely should be a complete new & unbiased look at the whole event & the following enquiry."

Alas, any "club" such as the Masons, any Political party, any major Corporate entity - and the RAF/Navy/Army - have "rules" which prevent such open-ness. Tis a fact of life. Lets face it ... the current global economic crisis sees an ex-Chancellor, who should have been watching the greed which fueled the current crisis and should have done something about it then, rather than pontificating as PM now, which illustrates this to the core. Like the AVMs, the PM can't own up that, under his watch as Chancellor, a major fiscal cock-up took place - or, rather, was set up!

Call me a cynic but……! In this world, protectionism is rife. What was it that was said following the Alaskan MD-83 accident by an FAA official? “If you really want to whistle-blow (ie tell the truth) in this (aviation) industry, make sure you don’t want to remain in the industry any longer!” I have paraphrased the quote – but it was words to that effect!

Mmmm, tis an interestingly ethical world we live in!

Cheers, H ‘n’ H.