PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus Flying Club & Aberdeen Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 20:54
YankPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the memories...

I remember Pegasus well. Got my PPL and IMC there in the mid 80s. I too wonder what happened to the board with all the names. Gone to the trash heap, probably.

Fiona was pretty but all business in the cockpit.

Does anyone have contact information for Kevin Wigginton? I'm planning a trip to the UK next summer and would like to see him. if anyone does, just reply to this post and I'll post an email address.

I noticed in one of the earlier posts that Frank Browne is flying for BMI. That's a surprise since he has one artificial foot and the other one is a block of fused bone. He had quite a long fight just to get his PPL back after his accident. Don't see how he could have gotten his commercial license.

My favorite memory - trying to land G-TYGA (the Tiger) at Perth. Could not get it to stop porpoising, finally had to pretty much slam it into the runway. Luckily, no damage done. Another one - in one of the 150s doing circuits for so long, Peter finally had to call the tower and ask them to radio me to come back in because he needed the plane for lessons.

Whatever happened to Stan - the American who had the private flying service at Dyce? Funny character. Last I knew he was hanging out with Moira, Peter's ex-wife.