PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Line
Thread: Court Line
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 11:14
Jaqui Maschera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reunion

The reunion went very well. The weather was glorious, those that had arrived on the Friday were sitting outside -- with a glass or 2 -- welcoming the Saturday night guests as they came, several only just made their rooms in time to change for dinner! The evening was great everyone got to talk & reminisce. Jimmy Webb thought it was a bit quiet; no-one disgraced themselves, but I did remind him we are all 'just a touch older'.
Crispin, after a few glasses of wine, gave a speech & read out messages from those who could not be there. It was then put to the vote if we should hold one every year, the answer was a very resounding YES. I am afraid as always the numbers were lower than I had signed the contract for, the hotel did help out a bit. Crispin had a few copies of 'Colours in the Sky' which he auctioned on the night to add to the kitty.
So, everyone has pledged to source 'lost' Courtlin/Autair hands for the next one. We are looking at October 2010, as soon as I confirm the date with the Harpenden House Hotel I will broadcast it. We hope to see you all.

PS someone; whose name I can not remember was asking about a copy of 'Colours' as far as I know Crispin Maunder has a copy to sell